Who We Are:
The mission of FIRST® is to inspire young people to be science and technology leaders, by engaging them in exciting Mentor-based programs that build science, engineering and technology skills, that inspire innovation, and that foster well-rounded life capabilities. Make a difference in thousands of students' lives. Create an impact on the workforce of tomorrow. Become a member of our passionate employee base working to make science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education accessible to all students around the world.
What You Would Be Doing:
Our Information Technology department is in need of a Help desk Support Technician. Our Help desk Support Technicans play an integral role in providing FIRST employees with technology support. In this role, the right candidate is responsible for using their knowledge of software, hardware and network platforms to ensure that all employees have the technology they need to get their work done. The ability to maintain a high degree of tact, diplomacy, and accuracy while handling multiple competing demands is needed. Additionally, the right candidate will be working cross-team with other IT department colleagues on special projects and at times of high volume. Providing high-quality customer service and promoting Gracious Professionalism® are top priorities.
Essential Job Duties:
• Provides a high level of customer service as the first line responder to requests for technical assistance received via the Help desk Portal, in-person, telephone or email.
• Manages open tickets in conjunction with Help desk staff to prioritize assistance to meet the needs of FIRST staff.
• Assists in the administration and maintenance of internal applications as well as operating systems.
• Provides FIRST staff with technology support, and related cloud services for conference rooms and events.
• Oversees hardware asset tracking.
• Troubleshoots and resolves computer hardware, software, and network issues.
• Reviews professional publications to remain current with technology trends and changes.
• Prepares written communications, training materials, and support documentation.
• Participates in departmental and company-wide projects.
Qualifications and Experience:
A plus if you have: General understanding of Linux, and SharePoint