The mission of FIRST® is to inspire young people to be science and technology leaders, by engaging them in exciting Mentor-based programs that build science, engineering and technology skills, that inspire innovation, and that foster well-rounded life capabilities. Make a difference in thousands of students' lives. Create an impact on the workforce of tomorrow. Become a member of our passionate employee base working to make science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education accessible to all students around the world.
Our Operations Team is expanding and is need of an Operations Coordinator. Our Operations Coordinators have an integral role as the first point of contact with the FIRST Community. In this role, the right candidate is responsible for communicating program and general FIRST information to the public, potential customers, and existing teams. Additionally, the right candidate will be working cross-program with other FIRST colleagues on special projects within the FIRST programs and other departments. Providing high-quality customer service and promoting Gracious Professionalism® are top priorities. Other work activities are in the broad categories of program and team support.
• Provides consistent customer service across multi-channel platforms (e.g. text chat, phones, emails)
• Participates in team recruitment initiatives, including outbound calls and associated project work
• Communicates FIRST information, with a focus on FIRST programs, to potential and existing customers
• Coordinates customer resolutions by clarifying issues, researching answers and exploring alternative solutions; implementing solutions
• Assists customers with both navigation and technical website and registration systems issues
• Project administration related to the FIRST programs
• Ops Liaison to designated program; attends program meetings and facilitates information sharing between groups
• Shares contact center metrics and other key information with designated program for continuous process improvements; project manages process and reports on progress;
• Creates and maintains content for program documents
• Oversees program web pages; creates and uploads web content projects
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience with systems such as: Filemaker/MySQL, Ektron/Drouple CMS, MyDBR Reporting system, and Web 2.0 Software/Technologies is a plus
• Minimum of 2 years in same or similar position