The mission of FIRST® is to inspire young people to be science and technology leaders, by engaging them in exciting Mentor-based programs that build science, engineering and technology skills, that inspire innovation, and that foster well-rounded life capabilities. Make a difference in thousands of students’ lives. Create an impact on the workforce of tomorrow. Become a member of our passionate employee base working to make science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education accessible to all students around the world.
In support of FIRST’s mission, as an Accounting Specialist your job responsibilities include but are not limited to performing full cycle accounts payable and receivables processing. Proven experience in multi-tasking, working with tight deadlines and changing priorities as well as the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to):
• Review AP Accounts for inaccurate data and untimely entries, identify errors and their causes and report analysis to the manager
• Appraise AP workflows for proper functioning, pacesetting and accuracy
• Resolve billing problems/errors by reconciling invoice discrepancies with vendors
• Maintain a thorough and accurate knowledge of all FIRST Financial policies, signature authorization limits, and all Program-approval requirements
• Communicate with vendors and other partners regarding errors and disputes, develop resolutions and implement these as directed
• Prepare account reconciliations and assist with month-end closing
• Prepare weekly check run and electronic fund transfer
• Responsible for proper GL Coding, Department Coding, and clear, concise error free transaction descriptions
• Processing daily mail
• Assist in customer invoicing and Accounts Receivable Collections
• Minimum of 2 years of Accounting/Finance experience is required.
• An Associate’s Degree in Accounting/Finance is strongly preferred
• Ability to perform duties accurately and timely with a thorough attention to detail is imperative
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Microsoft Outlook is strongly preferred
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving, high volume setting while simultaneously delivering on-time, comprehensive, accurate results
• Ability to learn and use digital productivity tools, including collaborative workspaces, videoconferencing, and web conferencing. Must be adept at collaborating and building close relationships with remote co-workers and partners.
• Experience utilizing Abila MIP accounting software is desirable, but not required