The mission of FIRST® is to inspire young people to be science and technology leaders, by engaging them in exciting Mentor-based programs that build science, engineering and technology skills, that inspire innovation, and that foster well-rounded life capabilities. Make a difference in thousands of students' lives. Create an impact on the workforce of tomorrow. Become a member of our passionate employee base working to make science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education accessible to all students around the world.
• Aids in the design and building of prototype for the FRC playing field.
• Creates drawings used for quoting and manufacturing.
• May test playing field design for durability, ease of assembly, and ease of transport and packing.
• Writing of technical documents to instruct volunteers how to assemble, test, disassemble and pack the playing field.
• Creation of Process Sheets for the preparation of game components for the competition.
• Prepares and maintains other engineering paperwork including but not limited to: inspection lists, bill of materials, Packing Lists, Export Documentation and Cost Breakdowns
• Aid in the generation and monitoring of schedules for special FRC events such as, Kickoff filming, Kickoff, Week Zero events, and Field Shipping.
• Responsible for updating and maintaining case content inventories on a yearly basis to ensure proper inspection of outgoing materials.
• Special projects as determined by the FRC management team.
• Help identify new vendors, and then works with Sourcing to ensure that all necessary paperwork is obtained.
• Inspects outgoing shipments to ensure that all required items are present and correctly packaged.
• Supports Kickoff, Regional and Championship events