The mission of FIRST® is to inspire young people to be science and technology leaders, by engaging them in exciting Mentor-based programs that build science, engineering and technology skills, that inspire innovation, and that foster well-rounded life capabilities. Make a difference in thousands of students’ lives. Create an impact on the workforce of tomorrow. Become a member of our passionate employee base working to make science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education accessible to all students around the world.
This is a comprehensive position in a mid-size, engaging, dynamic, and fast-paced Development department. This position will work closely with all members of the Development team, as well as with members of other departments and with FIRST’s external stakeholders.
This position will be primarily responsible for accurate input and updates of team grants and scholarship data utilizing various internal databases and development and stewardship of pertinent relationships therein. Primary activities are in the broad categories of sponsor and donor stewarding. Incumbent may also assist in carrying out tasks associated with the successful application of team grants awarded to FIRST teams across all FIRST programs, administration and execution of FIRST Alumni Programs, and other project as required.
Team Grant Administration (45%)
- Processing team grants and communicating timely and accurate information to grant recipients, donors and other key stakeholders; including analyzing teams grants submissions and recommending team grants.
- Work closely with the Finance team and other Development colleagues during internal and external grant audits.
- Plans, assists and attends special events such as FIRST Regionals/Super Regionals, the annual FIRST Championship, and Founder’s Reception.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationship with donors, coworkers, and Finance staff to ensure all services are provided with a proactive customer service orientation.
- Participants in the planning and preparation of meetings, and follow-up on action items.
- Support FIRST Account Management team by acting as a liason to sponsors specific to team grants.
- Makes recommendations for improving grant policies and procedures.
- Ability to proactively maintain file documentation to support annual audit.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Original and independent thinking to assist with developing and implementing business strategies.
Scholarship Administration (45%)
- Work closely with the Alumni Relations Manager and other Development colleagues to maintain and administer the scholarship data bases and stewarding relationships with scholarship providers.
- Follow up with scholarship providers regarding renewals and awards.
- Respond to scholarship provider’s questions and needs in a professional manner that is in line with FIRST’s Gracious Professionalism and acceptable customer service standards.
- Fully understand, maintain and apply functionality of scholarship provider database and input and maintain data.
- Provide support for events; including point of contact for scholarship providers participating in the annual FIRST Championship.
- Develop knowledge of suite of alumni programs and goals including database and reporting capabilities.
General Administration (10%)
- Other general administrative duties and support to include events, FIRST Championships, donations and general appeals.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of database experience, including maintenance and reporting.
- Ability to work with internal customers to help achieve departmental goals.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent customer service mindset and skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required.
- Experience with Salesforce, or other cloud based CRM a plus.
- Experience in managing multi-faced projects to deliver on-time, comprehensive results.
- Experience in nonprofits is desirable.