Who We Are
The world’s #1 child-serving nonprofit advancing STEM education outcomes and the development of 21st Century life skills. Over the past 25 years, millions of young people from across the globe have completed FIRST® (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) programs, changing the world by becoming the new generation of innovators, problem-solvers, and technology leaders. This legacy and opportunity is as strong and dynamic as ever. This year alone the FIRST movement is 1 million men and women strong. FIRST creates the people who will change the world – today and tomorrow.
About this Role
We are looking for someone who will play an integral role in designing, developing, and supporting technology-based learning solutions for K-12 teachers and students that support FIRST programs. This role will collaborate with FIRST staff and stakeholders to identify, develop, and implement experiences that will enhance learning, promote easier engagement with FIRST programs, and create content based on the FIRST Education Philosophy. You will be successful in this role if you are well versed in leveraging digital technologies to support the development of learning activities and you apply original thinking to your work to improve processes, methods, systems, and services. We are looking for someone who is an expert communicator with the ability to tailor their communication to multiple types of audiences especially in the Education sector. The ideal candidate should be well-versed in current best practices and research in learning theories and who is continuously looking for new approaches to improve the experiences of the FIRST community.
In return, we promise a fast-paced, challenging, and rewarding environment where you will be part of a team that cares about each other and thrives on each other’s successes. You’ll feel good about the future of the world after doing hard work with the talented people at FIRST and will have a front row seat to our life changing programs.
Reports to: Director of Education. This role is located in Manchester, NH although we will consider a remote working arrangement for the right candidate.
- Lead the Education Team in leveraging digital platforms to create and deliver curriculum and learning resources
- Design and create educational materials and experiences for K-12 students and teachers that enhance their participation in FIRST programs
- Design and create digital educational materials in Learning Management System or third-party authoring tool, including, but not limited to:
- Online or blended courses for teachers and students
- Learning experiences for teachers and students
- Interactive and adaptable teaching materials
- Forums and online communities
- Badging and credentialing systems for teachers and students to monitor learning progress
- Research, curate, and improve digital delivery methods
- Research and evaluate potential projects and their feasibility
- Collaborate with team in planning, designing, developing and managing digital experience and resources
- Create reference materials and trainings that prepare the team to design and develop learning materials
- Design and implement quality review protocols, tools and feedback loops to ensure materials are of the highest quality
- Requires approximately 30% Travel
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years directly-related experience
- Minimum BA in related discipline such as Educational Technology, Instructional Design, Education or equivalent experience with educational technology in schools or online learning environments, (Master’s degree a plus)
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in online course development, instructional design, and curriculum development
- K-12 teaching experience
- Demonstrated experience using a Learning Management System and other digital learning technologies such as content authoring tools such as Adobe Animate, Articulate, Captivate, etc.
- Experience designing and leading online and in-person training and professional development
- Project management experience
- Possess strong collaboration, relationship building, listening, communication (written, verbal, and facilitation) and team building skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage change; effective prioritization skills
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Flexible and highly creative
A plus if you have:
- Knowledge of or experience with FIRST programs
- Knowledge of national education standards and online learning standards
- Basic understanding of computer programming
- Knowledge and experience with STEM education and Project Based Learning