Who We Are
The world’s #1 child-serving nonprofit advancing STEM education outcomes and the development of 21st Century life skills. Over the past 25 years, millions of young people from across the globe have completed FIRST® (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) programs, changing the world by becoming the new generation of innovators, problem-solvers, and technology leaders. This legacy and opportunity is as strong and dynamic as ever. FIRST creates the people who will change the world – today and tomorrow.
About this Role
The Facility Manager is responsible for overseeing all building-related activities, ensuring that our 1844 Mill building and the surrounding grounds are safe, code compliant, and well-functioning. This role is also responsible for managing sub-contractors, working with third-party vendors and completing various projects, minor hands-on maintenance, and repairs. The right candidate is eager to lead or roll up their sleeves to get the job done. They are the hands-on type with a unique ability to motivate others applying strong project management and communication skills. The ideal candidate is a natural problem-solver, well-organized, and has the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
Reports to: Director, Planning & Administration
- Fields emergency calls and documents pertinent details, putting appropriate resources into motion
- Communicates with Senior Leadership Team, staff, and Tenants regarding any facility emergencies and projects
- Triage, prioritizes, and tracks incoming work orders from staff and Tenants, communicating with internal customers as needed
- Oversees the local security vendor, insuring that all due diligence is performed
- Monitors all facility systems and physical plant; including but not limited to the mechanical, electrical, and plumbing components including HVAC and electrical service
- Develops, maintains, and implements a preventative maintenance plan for the entire facility
- Partners with Strategic Sourcing to negotiate contracts with vendors for construction and maintenance service agreements
- Coordinates on-site visits with vendors for routine maintenance repairs and building modifications
- Maintains facility record-keeping requirements
- Performs on-going analysis and forecasting of the facility department’s rental income and expenses
- Oversees facility related projects and reports on deliverables, deadlines, and statement of work
- Assists in the development and refinement of FIRST’s strategic facility roadmap used to develop our 5 year capital plan, in collaboration with the Director of Planning and Administration
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of directly related work experience
- BA/BS degree in Facility Management, Engineering, Business Administration or related fields preferred
- Experience in completing minor building repairs and experience using small power tools
- Ability to interpret both electrical and mechanical schematic diagrams.
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word)