Who We Are
The world’s #1 child-serving nonprofit advancing STEM education outcomes and the development of 21st Century life skills. Over the past 25 years, millions of young people from across the globe have completed FIRST® (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) programs, changing the world by becoming the new generation of innovators, problem-solvers, and technology leaders. This legacy and opportunity is as strong and dynamic as ever. This year alone the FIRST movement is 1 million men and women strong. FIRST creates the people who will change the world – today and tomorrow.
About this Role
We are seeking a Sourcing Specialist to source fabricated and OEM material for program needs. This person will source and execute international transportation and ensure on time delivery of all shipments through carrier selection and scheduling. This role will also support the management of the internal export and import compliance program to ensure all shipments and the organization are compliant with customs regulations. If you consider yourself to be a computer-savvy, resourceful quick learner with strong problem-solving skills, as well as knowledge of customs regulations and logistics experience, this is the job for you!
In return, we promise a fast-paced, challenging, and rewarding environment where you will be part of a team that cares about each other and thrives on each other’s successes. You’ll feel good about the future of the world after doing hard work with the talented people at FIRST and will have a front row seat to our life changing programs.
Reports to: Manager, Strategic Sourcing (Programs & Logistics). This role is located in Manchester, NH
- Create and issue Purchase Orders and/or Request for Quotes (RFQ’s) for the required commodities or services.
- Read and understand drawings, specifications and other engineering documents.
- Works in a team environment with engineers for seasonal sourcing demand of fabricated and electrical parts.
- Act as a liaison between suppliers and involved departments to resolve sourcing related problems.
- Coordinates all activities involved in export/import regulatory compliance included, but not limited to, ECCN product classifications, harmonized tariff classifications, country of origin determination, product valuation reporting, export license application, reviewing end use statement for exports, and destination screenings.
- Prepares international export documentation and electronic export filings, as required.
- Develops and maintains relationships with freight forwarders, manage daily relationships with brokers and carriers.
- Works with forwarders, brokers and carriers to quickly resolve problems at all points in transit. Identifies and resolves routing delays.
- Serves as an organization-wide logistics resource
- Creates and maintains tracking visibility for international shipments
- Monitors shipment progress and updates interested parties of delays and arrival information in a timely manner
- Makes recommendations to Management on freight expense reduction opportunities
- Identifies cost saving opportunities and process improvements for enhanced quality and service.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field plus minimum 5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and related experience shall be considered
- Excellent MS Office capabilities required
- Inquisitive, detail-oriented with strong quantitative analytical skills and an innovative approach to problem solving
- Strong written communication and presentation skills required
- Import/Export Experience Required
- Experience with FedEx systems including FedEx Trade Networks (FTN), and knowledge of customs regulations and basic broker relationships
- Required knowledge and understanding of shipping multiple products to multiple countries
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn FIRST internal computer software
- Must be energetic, motivated and committed to FIRST mission and goals
Commitment to FIRST® Core Values:
Discovery: We explore new skills and ideas.
Innovation: We use creativity and persistence to solve problems.
Impact: We apply what we learn to improve our world.
Inclusion: We respect each other and embrace our differences.
Teamwork: We are stronger when we work together.
Fun: We enjoy and celebrate what we do!