Who We Are
FIRST® is the world’s leading youth-serving nonprofit advancing STEM education outcomes and the development of 21st century life skills. For nearly 30 years, FIRST has evolved into a global movement by engaging millions of people with a proven game-changer for preparing kids to solve the world’s greatest problems. This legacy and opportunity is as strong and dynamic as ever, as FIRST creates the people who will change the world – today and tomorrow.
About this Role
We are searching for a high-performing, inventive, results-oriented, and audience-obsessed digital marketing ninja to join our high performing and creative Marketing Team. As a member of the team, you will collaborate with the Public Relations Manager in the development and execution of key digital marketing campaigns as well as provide tactical and analytical support to help guide and enhance future campaigns and the use of appropriate platforms. In this highly collaborative role, you will directly contribute to FIRST successfully achieving its brand awareness, growth, engagement, retention, and fundraising goals. The mission of FIRST to inspire more young people to lead and innovate is growing fast, and now is a great time to join the team.
In return, we promise a fast-paced, challenging, and rewarding environment where you will be part of a team that cares about each other and thrives on each other’s successes. You’ll feel good about the future of the world after doing hard work with the talented people at FIRST and will have a front row seat to our life changing programs.
Reports to: Manager, Public Relations. This role is located in Manchester, NH
- Execute multi-channel social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitch, etc.) campaigns to drive specifically defined strategic objects across FIRST
- Evolve strategy and oversee day-to-day execution of social community management (including but not limited to: monitoring of daily chatter, responding to customer service inquiries, engagement, daily/weekly content development and posting, etc.)
- Work with FIRST Strategic Sponsors to develop social media campaigns to fulfill special requests/needs and MOU requirements
- Support Manager of Public Relations in leading FIRST social media team - organize recurring meetings, support cross-functional participation in strategic campaigns, spearhead content creation, create and maintain relationships with other social media account managers, etc.
- Work closely with Growth Marketing Specialist to develop paid social campaigns
- Understand and apply principals of search engine optimization (SEO) to digital content projects
- Oversee social analytics across channels and reporting metrics to key stakeholders providing insights and actionable recommendations to continually evolve the strategy and drive results
- Support creation and maintenance of a digital library of photographs for Championships
- Support the Manager of Public Relations in development/execution of key digital marketing campaigns
Qualifications and Experience:
- BA/BS or equivalent job experience required
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience in digital marketing
- Expertise in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitch, in addition to various social media applications
- Relevant experience managing a brand's social media communities and driving engagement
- Passion for using social media to communicate with online audiences and deep understanding of what drives people to engage with brands through various social media platforms
- Must have solid experience in actually managing and executing brand social media campaigns
- Experience using Hubspot, Hootsuite, Drupal, other digital content management tools
- Candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, including SEO, SMO, user-generated content, online newswires, social bookmarking and networking sites blogs, microblogs, forums, video sharing, podcasting, and email distribution
Commitment to FIRST® Core Values:
Discovery: We explore new skills and ideas.
Innovation: We use creativity and persistence to solve problems.
Impact: We apply what we learn to improve our world.
Inclusion: We respect each other and embrace our differences.
Teamwork: We are stronger when we work together.
Fun: We enjoy and celebrate what we do!
Thriving on our core values, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.