Who We Are
The world’s #1 child-serving nonprofit advancing STEM education outcomes and the development of 21st Century life skills. Over the past 25 years, millions of young people from across the globe have completed FIRST® (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) programs, changing the world by becoming the new generation of innovators, problem-solvers, and technology leaders. This legacy and opportunity is as strong and dynamic as ever. This year alone the FIRST movement is 1 million men and women strong. FIRST creates the people who will change the world – today and tomorrow.
About this Role
We are seeking a motivated individual who excels at managing both people and processes. The Stewardship Manager leads a team that supports our strategic stewardship efforts and thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment where the work makes a difference. In addition to managing the day-to-day activities of the Stewardship Team, the Stewardship Manager will manage a small portfolio of supporters and sponsors. Working with the extended Development team, as well as internal and external stakeholders, this position will help to develop and implement a comprehensive supporter stewardship plan that includes but is not limited to FIRST sponsored Team Grant management; Scholarship processing; Donation processing; impact reporting, and other strategic stewardship communications that aid in the organization’s efforts to support, cultivate, and recognize donors.
In return, we promise a challenging and rewarding environment where you will be part of a team that cares about each other and thrives on each other’s successes. You’ll feel good about the future of the world after doing hard work with the talented people at FIRST and will have a front row seat to our life changing programs.
Reports to: Vice President, Development. This role is located in Manchester, NH
- Build and nurture strategic relationship with sponsor organizations – primarily corporations
- Oversee the FIRST sponsored Team Grants administration and assign work to Stewardship Specialists
- Oversee Stewardship Specialists’ processing of Scholarships & Internship postings
- Oversee Stewardship Specialists’ processing and acknowledgement of organizational and individual donations
- Insuring highest quality, accuracy and timeliness of work output by Stewardship Specialists
- Take the lead in developing and executing appropriate and innovative stewardship protocols for all major and principal gifts, corporations, foundations, individuals, and scholarship providers, by conducting research and analysis, writing reports and presentations for approval of the development Director, Vice President of Development and the executive leadership team.
- Collaborate with Alumni Program Manager and Development Data Manager to ensure stewardship needs are supported across all Sponsor/Supporter interactions.
- Serve as mentor to direct reports by modeling the highest standards of tact and diplomacy in all business communications both written and verbal
- Provide timely feedback and support to direct reports and continually share your expertise in stewardship practices
- Create, evaluate, communicate and enforce stewardship policies and procedures – both internally and externally
- Monitor industry trends and assess opportunity or impact of such trends including the development and tracking of benchmarking standards and stewardship metrics
- Collaborate with internal subject matter experts (i.e. Business/Data Analysts) to identify process improvement opportunities and establish project goals, strategies, and priorities to remove barriers that slow process improvement initiatives
- Provide training and professional development opportunities to direct reports to increase the knowledge base of the department and to provide career development
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum of 4 years directly related work experience, including minimum of 1 year supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Skype for business video conferencing and collaboration tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Regular hours are 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, however, varied work hours and travel are required to meet the operational and programmatic needs of the organization.