Who We Are
The world’s #1 child-serving nonprofit advancing STEM education outcomes and the development of 21st Century life skills. Over the past 25 years, millions of young people from across the globe have completed FIRST® (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) programs, changing the world by becoming the new generation of innovators, problem-solvers, and technology leaders. This legacy and opportunity is as strong and dynamic as ever. This year alone the FIRST movement is 1 million men and women strong. FIRST creates the people who will change the world – today and tomorrow.
About this Role
We are seeking a motivated self-starter who excels at critical thinking and providing team leadership to all situations. The Sourcing Specialist will manage the strategic sourcing of products and services that support the goals and objectives of the organization. This role includes developing collaborative relationships with stakeholders and suppliers, developing a strategic roadmap for managed commodity base, performing complex negotiations and providing leadership and management for multiple procurement projects.
In return, we promise a fast-paced, challenging, and rewarding environment where you will be part of a team that cares about each other and thrives on each other’s successes. You’ll feel good about the future of the world after doing hard work with the talented people at FIRST and will have a front row seat to our life changing programs.
Reports to: Manager, Strategic Sourcing (Programs & Logistics). This role is located in Manchester, NH
- Create and issue Purchase Orders and/or Request for Quotes (RFQ’s) for the required commodities or services.
- Solicit Request for Proposals (RFP’s) to vendors, negotiate prices and recommend purchases to obtain the best possible prices while adhering to quality, service and reliability standards.
- Develop collaborative relationships with Business Stakeholders (including senior leadership) and suppliers.
- Provide leadership and management for promotional products, merchandising and multiple procurement projects.
- Provide continued process improvements and value add services to existing supplier base.
- Develop strategic roadmap and vision for managed commodity base.
- Manages key suppliers as they relate to promotional products, merchandising, e-Stores and physical pop up shops.
- Perform negotiations when a fair or reasonable price cannot be determined by adequate competition, or for single/sole source procurement. Considers cost, price, schedule, quality and other applicable terms and conditions.
- Work collaboratively with all departments to establish supplier contracts that support their strategic sourcing goals and objectives.
- Develop and manage a reliable supplier base that provides best in class service, quality and costs.
- Assist in the review of vendor contracts and provides support and/or recommendations to the Management Team.
- Perform continuous monitoring of all activities and report promptly to Director of Strategic Sourcing with potential issues.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field plus minimum 7 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and related experience shall be considered
- Strong project management skills
- Inquisitive, detail-oriented with strong quantitative analytical skills and an innovative approach to problem solving
- Excellent MS Office capabilities required
- Strong written communication and presentation skills required
- Must have strong interpersonal, relationship building, and negotiation skills
- Must have experience sourcing promotional products
- Skilled at working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial setting and must be able to multi-task
- Fast learner, analytical, and creative problem-solver are required
- Must be a self-starter
Commitment to FIRST® Core Values:
Discovery: We explore new skills and ideas.
Innovation: We use creativity and persistence to solve problems.
Impact: We apply what we learn to improve our world.
Inclusion: We respect each other and embrace our differences.
Teamwork: We are stronger when we work together.
Fun: We enjoy and celebrate what we do!