Who We Are
The world’s #1 child-serving nonprofit advancing STEM education outcomes and the development of 21st Century life skills. Over the past 25 years, millions of young people from across the globe have completed FIRST® (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) programs, changing the world by becoming the new generation of innovators, problem-solvers, and technology leaders. This legacy and opportunity is as strong and dynamic as ever. This year alone the FIRST movement is 1 million men and women strong. FIRST creates the people who will change the world – today and tomorrow.
About this role
We are searching for a high-performing, inventive, results-oriented, and audience-obsessed digital marketing ninja to join our high performing and creative Marketing Team. As a key member of the team, you will lead the development and delivery of digital marketing campaigns to various audiences across multiple digital channels. These channels include web, mobile, email, SEM, and SEO. We seek a detailed-orientated person with an eye for data who excels in developing, launching, testing, and reporting on segment-specific campaigns. In this critical and highly collaborative role, you will directly contribute to FIRST successfully achieving its brand awareness, growth, engagement, retention, and fundraising goals. Working at both the strategic and tactical level, you will manage the creation and execution of segment-based email marketing campaigns, website optimization, navigation, content, and design projects to continually improve performance and user experience. FIRST’s mission to inspire more young people to lead and innovate is growing fast, and now is a great time to join the team.
In return, we promise a challenging and rewarding environment where you will be part of a team that cares about each other and thrives on each other’s successes. You’ll feel good about the future of the world after doing hard work with the talented people at FIRST and will have a front row seat to our fun, exciting, and life changing programs.
Reports to: Director of Marketing. This role’s home-base is in Manchester, NH with an opportunity to work remotely up to 50%.
- Manage FIRST websites, including navigation, content, mobile, and user experience
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns supporting merchandise and apparel sales, FIRST Housing reservation sales, year-long FIRST unified program season, FIRSTInspires programming on Twitch
- Working with Digital Marketing Specialist, manage Search Engine Optimization strategy and execution of best practices
- Implement email campaigns from end-to-end, including design, list segmentation, A/B testing, scheduling, distribution, workflows, measurement, and optimization
- Build and maintain KPI to measure the effectiveness of email marketing efforts
- Monitor and maintain data quality, email contact lists (data hygiene, data enhancement) in Hubspot database
- With the FIRST Senior Management Team, develop and implement enterprise-wide email marketing governance
- Manage the Hubspot client relationship, ensuring new product updates are leveraged, best practices implemented, and new certifications are acquired
- Manage the FIRST email marketing platform, including onboarding FIRST business teams using the Hubspot platform to manage email marketing and communications
- Monitor and analyze Google Analytics and HubSpot dashboards to recommend new growth strategies across SEO, SEM, content marketing, inbound marketing, email marketing, and conversion rate optimization
- Serve as Marketing client lead for multiple business programs, including: FIRST merchandise and apparel sales, FIRST Housing program sales, FIRST Inspires Twitch channel, developing, executing, and measuring multi-channel digital marketing campaigns
- Manage Digital Marketing Specialist
- This role may require up to 15 days of travel a year to support events and professional development
- BA/BS or equivalent job experience required
- 5-7 years’ experience in digital marketing
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with web management tools, languages, and mobile design best practices
- Experience with Google Analytics, both in implementation and traffic analysis
- Experience managing direct reports and project teams
- Experience developing and managing inbound marketing campaigns, generating leads and moving top of funnel prospects through to conversion
- Proficient in marketing automation platform management, Hubspot preferred, and integrating those systems with other technologies
- Experience managing contact database hygiene
- Experience developing digital marketing KPIs, conversion tracking, and campaign reporting
- Sufficient knowledge of CMS platforms (Drupal a plus) and HTML to manage content and manage web vendors
- Experience managing multiple clients, projects, agencies, and deadlines
Additional qualifications and expectations:
- Team player with a collaborative spirit and sense of humor
- Hearty appetite for experimentation, eager to try new things, take chances, fail and test everything
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills; Able to work with colleagues and contacts at all levels of the organization
- Technically capable but with excellent communications skills, along with the desire to improve processes
Commitment to FIRST® Core Values:
Discovery: We explore new skills and ideas.
Innovation: We use creativity and persistence to solve problems.
Impact: We apply what we learn to improve our world.
Inclusion: We respect each other and embrace our differences.
Teamwork: We are stronger when we work together.
Fun: We enjoy and celebrate what we do!
Thriving on our core values, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.